The International Trade Administration
- Promotes trade and investment, and ensures fair trade at home and abroad through the rigorous enforcement of U.S. trade laws and agreements.
- Creates opportunities for U.S. firms by providing focused export assistance and market research, and fostering level playing fields for American business around the world.
- Directs efforts to promote the United States as the leading destination for foreign investment.
ITA is comprised of three business units:
Global Markets helps U.S. companies export goods and services, resolve market barriers, and promotes foreign investment into the United States.
- Prepares American companies to succeed in business with foreign customers
- Advocates for U.S. bidders in foreign government tenders
- Promotes the United States as the premier investment location
Industry & Analysis provides expertise on international trade, investment, and export promotion across a range of industries and sectors.
- Executes export promotion programs, including trade missions, foreign trade fairs, and the International Buyer Program
- Represents the interests of U.S. industry in trade negotiations
- Publishes research on global opportunities for U.S. industry
Enforcement & Compliance works to maintain open markets, promote investment and business activity, and provide U.S. businesses and workers with the opportunity to compete on a level playing field both in the United States and abroad.
- Investigates allegations of unfair dumping and subsidization, and imposes border measures to offset such market-distorting conduct
- Facilitates trade and promotes U.S. business investment and commercial activity in more than 1,000 federally designated Foreign Trade Zones
- Monitors and ensures compliance with more than 250 industrial trade agreements negotiated on behalf of the United States
- Seeks strong, enforceable commitments on behalf of U.S. firms in trade negotiations