Uruguay - Market OverviewUruguay - Market Overview
The U.S. Embassy in Montevideo has compiled this guide to provide you with a brief background on the Uruguayan market as you consider export opportunities. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time. Our economic and commercial experts look forward to assisting U.S. exporters in finding local buyers and business partners.
Top five reasons why U.S. companies should consider exporting to Uruguay:
- Uruguay is a well-established democratic country with strong rule of law and a serious commitment to adhering to international agreements and norms.
- Relative to neighboring countries, Uruguay’s economic growth has been steady in recent years.
- Uruguay has a relatively open trade policy. Many parts of the Uruguayan national and state governments are dedicated to attracting foreign investment and trade.
- The country is strategically located between Argentina and Brazil, and at the mouth of the inland waterway that includes the Rio de la Plata and Rio Uruguay rivers. It offers excellent opportunities as a regional distribution platform and a great test market.
- The U.S.-Uruguay bilateral relationship has been strong. Uruguayan officials and business sector representatives are welcoming to Americans.
Uruguay Trade Development and Promotion