Cyprus - Market OverviewCyprus - Market Overview
Top Reasons to do business in Cyprus:
- Cyprus’ services-oriented economy is extremely dependent on imports;
- Its business culture and legal system (based on Common Law) are similar to that of the United Kingdom and the United States;
- U.S. products, technology, and brands are well-regarded in Cyprus;
- Cyprus has been a European Union (EU) member state since 2004 and a Eurozone member since 2008.
- A talented, highly educated, and English-speaking work force offering professional services at competitive prices compared with the EU average;
- A strategic location at the crossroads of Europe, Asia, and Africa, making managing regional business easy;
- Advanced telecommunications network and infrastructure with a wide network of air-routes and first-rate sea connectivity;
- Low corporate tax at 12.5 percent and liberal investment regime with 59 double taxation treaties (including with the United States).
Cyprus Trade Development and Promotion