6. eCommerce Platform ChecklisteCommerce Platform Checklist
- What countries are the best markets for my products?
- Have I asked for advice from my local U.S. Commercial Service office?
- Have I looked at the market research and Country Commercial Guides on export.gov?
- Do I understand what regulations apply to my products so they can be sold in a different country?
- If I’m not the manufacturer of the products, do I have permission to sell them outside the United States?
- Have I checked several marketplaces to see if there are products similar to mine and the prices they are selling for?
- Have I studied online product photos and descriptions for ideas about how to promote my products?
- Have I read buyer comments on marketplaces for ideas about how my products can be more competitive?
- Have I considered the advantages of fulfilling my own international orders compared with having the e-commerce marketplace fulfill them?
- Do I have the resources and know-how to do my own fulfillment?
- Have I compared the costs of the different marketplaces and factored in the charges for the services I want to purchase from them and other providers?
- What is my profit margin after calculating fees, which often exceed 10 percent of the purchase price? Can I compete?
eCommerce Industry eCommerce