eCommerce How-ToeCommerce How To
Meet with your local International Trade Specialist for free 1 on 1 business counselling that will help you sell more online to overseas customers, and feel free to check out our US-to-overseas sales business matchmaking services that as a part of your ecommerce sales channel mix can help you sell online in-country more quickly.
How-to Style Business Resources for the Cross-Border eCommerce Sales Channel:
- How to Prepare Your Website for the Global Marketplace
- Video 10: Introduces the concept of website globalization/internationalization, and describes how simple enhancements can improve your website’s appeal to international visitors; it also considers the pros and cons of website translation.
- Video 14: GDPR Compliance, satisfying the EU Data Protection Rules
- How to Internationalize Your Website- Making it clear to site visitors that you are open and capable of handling international sales is at the heart of website internationalization. A Website Globalization Review service from your local Trade Specialist is a great first step to internationalizing your website.
- How to do Search Engine Optimization (SEO)- Search engine optimization (SEO) is the foundation of your website and all business decisions involving online sales.
- How to Select an eCommerce Service Provider- The eCommerce Business Service Providers (BSP) Directory is intended to provide you an unbiased resource of business service providers that operate in or cater to the cross-border ecommerce sales channel.
- How to Export Video Series- Comprehensive video collection to help your small business become better equipped to enter the exciting exporting world.
- How to figure Your eCommerce Return on Investment (ROI)- A helpful guideline for business growth targets and an indicator of when to explore new growth sources by providing general return-on-investments estimates
- How to Find New Sales Segments in Overseas Markets- Provides an overview of exporting and discusses the different channels to consider when trading cross-borders. Information is provided by the U.S. Commercial Service.
- How to Do Country-Specific Business Research- Market conditions, opportunities, regulations, and business customs for over 125 countries prepared by trade and industry experts at U.S. embassies worldwide.
- How to Develop a Digital Strategy- Usability.Gov is the leading resource for user experience best practices and guidelines, serving practitioners and students in the government and private sectors. The site provides overviews of:
- User Experience Basics- Learn the basics of user experience by reading the overviews and understanding the benefits.
- Content Strategy Basics - Create useful and usable content by planning the creation, delivery and governance models behind it.
- Digital Strategy Methods- Develop a Project Plan, Project Team Roles and Responsibilities, Website Requirements.
- How to Look up Duties & Taxes for Countries- CUSTOMS Info is offering free access to Global Tariff information for users of Export.Gov. Users of this free service can lookup country Tariff information for shipments originating in the United States. Users are required to register for access to this free service.
- How to Take Advantage of US Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)- Each will FTA vary, and generally provide U.S. sellers with lower import duties, making it easier and cheaper to export products or services.
- How to Submit a Privacy Shield Complaint- Many of your questions or concerns can be addressed most quickly by contacting the Privacy Shield organization directly.
- How to Report a Trade Barrier/File a Complaint- The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Office of Trade Agreements Negotiations and Compliance specializes in working with U.S. businesses to remove unfair foreign government-imposed trade barriers. If your business is facing such a barrier, please report it and our team of experts will investgate.
Business Registration Design eCommerce Market Research Research and Development