Turkmenistan - Market OpportunitiesTurkmenistan - Market Opportunities
- The hydrocarbon sector is the country’s largest industry. Turkmenistan strives to maximize value for its oil and gas and invests substantially in petroleum refining and processing facilities. It has several liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) plants and plans to build more.
- The government has plans to attract foreign technology and investment to the chemical chemical and petrochemical industries.
- Opportunities exist for gas-to-liquid (GTL) technology providers, as Turkmenistan is currently building two GTL plants and plans to develop this sector.
- With development of new gas and oil fields and the rehabilitation of old fields, there is a need for new pipeline networks and related infrastructure, such as compressor stations.
- The government has ambitious plans to build new transportation infrastructure, however, the ministries involved in such plans are some of the same ministries that are the most indebted already to foreign companies.
- Turkmenistan continues to invest billions of dollars in development of the Caspian Sea resort of Awaza. The government hopes to turn the development into a tourist zone, which may present opportunities for foreign investment in Turkmenistan’s nascent tourist industry.
Turkmenistan Trade Development and Promotion