Regional & Country Info.Regional and Country Information
Information on individual countries and regions is widely available. Here are some places you can explore individual markets:
U.S. Commercial Service China (http://www.export.gov/china) A comprehensive source of information on China, gathered by federal and state government agencies, associations, and private-sector entities. Companies that are new to the market or are current market participants can:
- Identify sources of U.S. and state government assistance
- Learn how to protect their intellectual property rights
- Monitor China’s compliance with its World Trade Organization (WTO) obligations
- Obtain industry-specific market research to evaluate export prospects
- Search for trade leads and tender offers
- Participate in trade events in the United States and China
- Identify sources of trade finance
- Monitor changes in Chinese import regulations
- Identify relevant U.S. export regulations
- Quickly find tips on doing business in China
- Learn about economic and political conditions in China
The chartered mission of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) is to promote its member countries’ policies. These policies have been designed to support economic growth, employment, and a high standard of living and to contribute to sound economic expansion in development and trade. OECD publications focus on a broad range of social and economic issues, concerns, and developments. Country-by-country reports on international market information contain import data useful in assessing import competition.
The OECD also publishes economic development surveys that cover each of the 34 member countries of the OECD, plus some additional countries. Each survey presents a detailed analysis of recent developments in market demand, production, employment, prices, wages, and more. Short-term forecasts and analyses of medium term problems relevant to economic policies are also provided.
Market Research Library (http://www.export.gov/mrktresearch)
The U.S. Commercial Service’s Market Research Library contains more than 100,000 industry- and country-specific market reports, websites, events, and trade directory listings, and it covers more than 120 countries and 110 industry sectors. Reports include Country Commercial Guides, Industry Sector Analyses, Marketing Insights, Multilateral Development Bank Reports, Best Markets, other industry or regional reports, and more.
Market Research Marketing Regional Integration