Nepal - Prohibited & Restricted ImportsNepal - Prohibited Imports
- Products injurious to health: a) narcotic drugs such as opium and morphine; and b) liquor containing more than 60 percent alcohol
- Arms, ammunition and explosives (except under government import license): a) materials used in the production of arms and ammunition; b) guns and cartridges; c) caps other than those of paper; and d) arms, ammunition and other explosives.
- Communications equipment: wireless walkie-talkies and other similar audio communication equipment (except under import license of the GON).
- Valuable metals and jewelry (except permitted under bag and baggage regulations).
- Beef and beef products (Five star hotels are allowed to import beef with a special license issued by the Department of Commerce).
- Any other product as per notification of the GON in the Nepal Gazette, published by the Department of Printing. Such notices can be obtained from the Department of Printing by making a request to the Director General at fax: 977-1-4228774.
Nepal Import Regulations Trade Development and Promotion