Plan Your Market Entry Strategy: Foreign Import RegulationsImport Regulations of Foreign Govts
U.S. Export Market Research[Download Video 22MB]
Quick Links: Next Video | Market Entry Strategy Video Set | How to Export Video Series | Subscribe to our Email Updates and Tips.
Export.gov, the U.S. federal government’s export assistance portal, links to many resources, including the following:
- Country Commercial Guides provide the latest market intelligence on more than 140 countries from U.S. embassies abroad. Specific information on foreign import regulations can be found in the Trade Regulations, Customs & Standards chapter of each Country Commercial Guide and verified through your local U.S. Commercial Service office.
- Export Documentation, the fifth of five videos in the Make the Export Sale video set describes various U.S. and foreign regulatory and compliance standards through valid export shipping documents.
- Webinars on “Documentation and Regulations” offer additional insight into foreign requirements.
- Links to additional resources on foreign standards.
- Large U.S. freight forwarding companies (and their websites) may be able to provide information on the documents you need for specific countries.
Foreign Trade Regulations