DPA Liaison at Department of CommerceDPA Liaison at Department of Commerce
The Department of Commerce has established a dedicated contact to act as a liaison with the EU data protection authorities and Swiss Data Protection and Information Commissioner (collectively DPAs). To contact Commerce’s DPA liaison, interested DPAs can click here and submit an inquiry. If a phone conversation is preferred, please indicate that in the inquiry and Commerce's DPA liaison will follow up with a call as soon as feasible.
- Receive a referral of an organization for further review in instances where a DPA believes that the organization is not complying with the Principles, including following a complaint from an EU or Swiss individual.
- Receive a referral of an organization for review that appears to falsely claim to participate in the Privacy Shield.
- Assist DPAs seeking information related to a specific organization’s self-certification or previous participation in the Privacy Shield program.
- Assist DPAs seeking information regarding the implementation of specific Privacy Shield requirements.
- Help DPAs develop Privacy Shield material for inclusion on their own websites to increase transparency and understanding of the Privacy Shield for EU and Swiss individuals and businesses.