DGM 2016: eCommerce Video SeriesDGM eCommerce Videos
DGM eCommerce 2016 Video Series
- ’16 eCommerce DGM: Why eCommerce? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBA27hkzVyg
- SUMMARY: In this video, you will hear welcoming remarks to the 2016 DGM eCommerce from U.S. Commercial Service’s Director of the Southwest Region Eric Nielsen. After which, the plenary keynote speech “Why e-Commerce?: The State of the International Online Marketplace” is given by Torsten Waack van Wasen, Managing Director, Alvarez & Marsal.
- ’16 eCommerce DGM: Mechanisms of Online Selling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tas1RW5x01w
- SUMMARY: In this video, the plenary topic of “Mechanisms of Online Selling: Taking Payments and Protecting Customer” will hear presentations from leaders in the international e-payment sector and inquire about what your company should do to become more competitive. Learn what to consider when receiving international online payments. What are the regulatory and cost issues? How do you arrange for various payment mechanisms such as credit and debit cards, interbank transfers, and mobile payments? What are the currency exchange, customs and tax considerations? How do you ensure that payments are secure and that client information is protected? What are the future trends of e-payment? Moderator: Alasdair Rambaud, SVP Merchant Services, Cardinal Commerce with Britta Eriksson, President and CEO, EuroVat; Lisa Hrabosky, Director, Global Core Payments, PayPal; Ali Aidi , Vice President, LAC E-Commerce & Authentication, MasterCard; and Andrew Sokol, General Manager Emerging Markets, Escrow.com
- ’16 eCommerce DGM: International Trends and Best Practices for Digital Marketing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IMZESw-eTE
- SUMMARY: This video will provide an overview of international digital marketing trends, focusing on Social Media and Mobile Marketing. Learn about the best social media platforms to engage international customers, with special considerations on reaching the mobile customer and how move them to your e-commerce site. Finally learn how to bring it all together - determine the right strategies and platforms for your international marketing campaign. Moderator: Rob Howe, Director of Strategic Insights, Splash Media with Simon Hjorth, Managing Director, AdPeople, Derek Edmond, Managing Partner, Ko-Marketing; and Sean Duffy, Founder, Duffy Agency.
- ’16 eCommerce DGM: E-Commerce Opportunities in Europe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZJgIXpAk4
- SUMMARY: This video will discuss the status of ecommerce in Europe and emerging opportunities and challenges as the region continues to experience expanding demand for ecommerce. Discussions include key issues relating to e-commerce infrastructure, payment, fulfillment, and business and consumer behavior In Europe. Where are the trends in e-commerce for the region? Finally the panel will address commercial opportunities in the region. Introduction - Dale Wright, Sr. Commercial Officer, U.S. Embassy Budapest, Hungary. Moderator: Ted Dean, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Services, International Trade Administration, U.S. Dept. of Commerce. Jan Paul Olijslager, Sr. Manager Supply Chain Solutions, Holland International Distribution Council (HIDC) (The Netherlands) . Robert Kiewik, Director Sales, Bleckmann (The Netherlands). Torsten Waack van Wasen, Managing Director, Alvarez & Marsal . Olof Kallgren, Market Information Director, Direct Link (Postnord)
- ’16 eCommerce DGM: eCommerce Opportunities in Asia Regions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Mkw_3JJXg
- SUBJECT: This video discusses the status of ecommerce in the Asia, and emerging opportunities and challenges as the region continues to experience expanding demand for ecommerce. Discussions include key issues relating to e-commerce infrastructure, payment, fulfillment, and business and consumer behavior in Asia. Where are the trends in ecommerce for the region? Finally the panel will address commercial opportunities in the region. Moderator: Chuck Pfluger, President, 5th Dimension. Roland Oberdorfer, Chief Architect, SingPost eCommerce (Singapore). Carl Hartmann, CEO, Temando, (Australia) . Pramodh Lakshminarayan, Manager, Strategic Brand Alliances, Flipkart (India). Reid Wegner, Merchant Development Manager, Rakuten Japan
eCommerce Industry eCommerce