4.5 Customer Experience- PIMCustomer Experience- PIM
FACT: 73percent of global traffic to B2B company sites originates from Google, and most searchers do not go past the first page of the search engine results page (SERP).
Your product information management (PIM) is the management of the content that you display on your website that the customer sees. Information and data about the products featured on your website are managed through your PIM strategy and practices, and your strategy is not only essential to managing the content that the customer sees on your site, but also to your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. This goes double for any marketing efforts that you base off of any web analytics you perform on your site.
A PIM Strategy means developing a content life cycle on your site to produce compelling and sustainable content:
- Audit and analysis of your website will help determine the usefulness and design of your current website.
- Establishing a PIM process within your business, assigning information area ownership, establishing a product taxonomy, and creating a process or workflow for current and new content.
- A staffing plan is needed for assigning individual roles and for content management.
- Product data creation is a competitive advantage, so writing special or high-quality descriptions for your products including pictures and videos can be a tremendous asset to your ecommerce efforts. Roles for this effort will fit into your website governance model that is established in the planning phase and that will handle content production and SEO functions as well.
- Monitor the performance of products across all of your webpages and sales channels, make constant improvements, and determine targets for success measures in your Web Analytics strategy.
eCommerce Industry eCommerce Management Marketing