Certified Trade Missions Application for Mission OrganizersTrade-Missions-Application
Certified Trade Missions Application for Mission Organizers
Please print or type the information requested below on organizational letterhead. Submit a completed Application for Certified Trade Mission Status to each Commercial Service post on the mission’s proposed itinerary. Applications may be submitted via e-mail, fax or mail.
1. Name, address, and telephone and fax numbers and website of sponsoring organization (e.g. trade association or other multiplier or state or local government).
2. Name, address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address of point of contact in the U.S. (e.g., trade association, state or local government, regional group), if different from number 1.
3. Name and dates of proposed trade mission.
4. Description of your mission. Outline your goals and objectives and indicate names of VIP leaders, if appropriate.
5. Proposed itinerary. Please give as much detail as possible.
6. Services/assistance requested from the post if status is approved (e.g., one-on-one business appointments, site visits, interpreters, reception, hotel and transportation arrangements).
7. Projected number of mission participants/firms.
9. Name, address, phone and fax numbers and email addresses of contact(s) overseas currently assisting in mission organization, if applicable.
10. List any private and public sector organizations, with whom you know you wish to meet on the mission.
11. Description of process for recruiting mission participants (e.g., e-mail, telephone, onsite trade event promotion). Be specific and include target dates.
12. Deadline for accepting applications from participants.
13. Proof, such as a copy of letter of invitation, that your mission has a host organization in countries that require such an arrangement (e.g., China). Include a contact name, address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address.
14. Specify any need for special space and/or equipment for audiovisual presentations or technical programs.
15. Include the following statement on the application, sign, and date it, and print your name and title under your signature:
I hereby agree to abide by all Conditions of Participation set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce (i.e., terms of agreement with Commercial Service post (s) hosting the mission) and guarantee to provide funds to finance all overseas costs incurred on my mission's behalf. I also agree to provide the relevant Commercial Service posts with the names and contact information of the mission members in an Excel format two weeks before the mission. Prepared by the International Trade Administration. With its network of 108 offices across the United States and in more than 75 countries, the International Trade Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce utilizes its global presence and international marketing expertise to help U.S. companies sell their products and services worldwide. Locate the trade specialist in the U.S. nearest you by visiting http://export.gov/usoffices.
Trade Development and Promotion