Afghanistan - Market ChallengesAfghanistan - Market Challenges
- Afghanistan faces many market challenges which make it difficult to do business.
- Poor infrastructure, including limited access to power and transportation, is prevalent throughout the country.
- Afghanistan’s weak legal framework, regulatory enforcement, and dispute resolution mechanisms make it difficult to resolve business disagreements in country.
- Corruption creates a serious challenge to doing business in Afghanistan.
- Foreign legal persons may not own land, and securing clear title to land is a long, time-consuming, expensive process.
- The commercial banking system provides limited commercial financing.
- Customs regulations and procedures are neither transparent nor consistent.
- The government and the private sector both face a shortage of skilled labor and trained personnel.
- Much of Afghanistan operates in a critical threat security situation.
Afghanistan Trade Development and Promotion