Sri Lanka - Market Opportunities Sri Lanka - Market Opportunities
- Infrastructure Development: Engineering, construction and equipment products and services for road, power plants, sewage, water, rail, port, and airport projects.
- Real Estate and Construction: The country’s construction sector has grown rapidly over the past nine years in development of high-end residential, commercial space, hotel and resort construction, and infrastructure with the sectors contribution to GDP in 2018 estimated at around 7.5 percent. The annual value of the construction sector is estimated at $3 billion. Many local and international construction companies are active in the industry.
- Textiles: Sri Lanka imports approximately $2.7 billion of textiles and yarn annually for the apparel industry and requires a range of equipment and services.
- Agriculture: A growing need for wheat grain, lentils, cotton yarn, and fruits and development of agriculture related infrastructure, including cold-storage facilities.
- Telecommunications and Technology: Sri Lanka aims to become an information technology hub. In addition, the Government of Sri Lanka and private sector institutions are digitizing records and processes and upgrading existing networks and systems.
- Franchising: Franchises offer another opportunity to appeal to tourists and a growing middle class.