Nigeria - Market Opportunities Nigeria - Market Opportunities
Nigeria has many honest, well-educated, and well-prepared businesspeople eager to form partnerships with U.S. counterparts. The U.S. Commercial Service, located at the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos, is the front-line U.S. trade agency in Nigeria. Its professional team of American Commercial Officers and Nigerian Commercial Specialists is ready and willing to support U.S. suppliers and manufacturers interested in this promising growth market. The Economic Sections at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and at the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos, respectively, are similarly ready to provide support and advocacy for U.S. business. Opportunities abound in Nigeria for U.S. exporters in the following sectors:
- Aerospace (aircraft, services and parts).
- Agricultural products and equipment.
- Automobiles, trucks, buses, automotive parts, and accessories.
- Computer hardware and software.
- Construction and earth moving equipment.
- Education and training.
- Electricity and power generation.
- Environmental equipment and services.
- Healthcare services and medical equipment.
- Marine vessels.
- Oil and gas equipment.
- Security and safety equipment.
- Telecommunications equipment and services.
The continuing influx of Asian, especially Chinese, suppliers and manufacturers into Nigeria constitutes a major competitive challenge to U.S. business in the industry sectors outlined above, although some local business leaders voice concerns about the low quality of Asian products and their high rate of penetration into Nigeria’s marketplace.Prepared by our U.S. Embassies abroad. With its network of 108 offices across the United States and in more than 75 countries, the U.S. Commercial Service of the U.S. Department of Commerce utilizes its global presence and international marketing expertise to help U.S. companies sell their products and services worldwide. Locate the U.S. Commercial Service trade specialist in the U.S. nearest you by visiting http://export.gov/usoffices.