Department of Commerce Organized Trade Missions
Department of Commerce trade missions are overseas programs for U.S. firms that wish to explore and pursue export opportunities by meeting directly with potential clients in their markets.
- June 16-21 – Infrastructure Trade Mission to Mexico - Contact Diego Gattesco at (304) 243-5493 or Diego.Gattesco@trade.gov, or Steven Murray at (412) 644-2819 or Steven.Murray@trade.gov. Application deadline is April 5, 2019.
- July 6-16 – Water Trade Mission to South Africa and Angola - Contact Pamela Kirkland at 202-482-3587 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Christine Kelley at 206-553-5615x234x or Christine.email@example.com. Application deadline is May 3, 2019.
- August 18-23 – Trade Mission to Central America in conjunction with the Trade Americas – Business Opportunities in Latin America Conference in Washington, DC. Contact Delia Valdivia at (310) 235-7203 or Delia.Valdivia@trade.gov. Application deadline is March 31, 2019.
- September 15-18 – The 12th Annual U.S. Industry Program at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) General Conference in Vienna, Austria – Contact Jonathan Chesebro at (202) 482-1297 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Devin Horne at (202) 482-0775 or email@example.com. Application deadline is July 19, 2019.
- September 23-27 – Cyber Security Trade Mission to Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Contact Gemal Brangman at (202) 482-3773 or Gemal.Brangman@trade.gov or Ludwika Alvarez at (415) 517-0265 or Ludwika.Alvarez@trade.gov. Application deadline is June 14, 2019.
Benefits of Trade Missions
- One-to-one meetings with foreign industry executives and government officials, pre-screened to match your specific business objectives whether for representation, direct sales or joint ventures in the local market.
- Networking events with guests from local industry multipliers including Chambers of Commerce, associations and business councils that are influential in the business community.
- Briefings and roundtables with the legal and business community on local business practices and opportunities.
- Site visits to local facilities where your technologies/services may be applied.
- Potential for media coverage to expand the reach of your brand.
Past Trade Missions
- March 24-29 – Trade Mission to the Americas Southern Cone Region in Conjunction with Trade Americas – Business Opportunities in the Southern Cone Region Conference in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Contact Dakshina Voetsch at (202) 482-470 or Dakshina.Voetsch@trade.gov. Application deadline is January 18, 2019.
- April 6-11 – Healthcare Technology & Health Services Trade Mission to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar. Contact Sonia Hatfield at (860) 638-6955 or Sonia.Hatfield@trade.gov. Application deadline is February 15, 2019.
- May 6-9 – Trade Winds Indo Pacific Forum & Mission. Contact TradeWinds@trade.gov or call Leslie Drake at (304) 347-5123 or Leandro Solorzano at (954) 356-6647. Application deadline is February 15, 2019.
- May 21-31 – Safety and Security Trade Mission to Nigeria and Kenya - Contact Mathew Woodlee at 612-348-1640 or Mathew.Woodlee@trade.gov or Tatyana Aguirre at 949-660-1410 or Tatyana.Aguirre@trade.gov. Application deadline is April 15, 2019.
- February 5-11 – Aerospace Executive Service Trade Mission to the Singapore Airshow 2018. Contact Melissa Grosso at (860) 638-6955 or Melissa.Grosso@trade.gov or Haw Cheng Ng at 011- (65) 6476-9037 or Hawcheng.Ng@trade.gov. Application deadline is January 11, 2018.
- February 5-9 – Singapore Airshow 2018 Trade Mission. Contact Melissa Grosso at (860) 638-6955 or Melissa.Grosso@trade.gov or Kent Campbell at (202) 482-7426 or Kent.Campbell@trade.gov. Application deadline is December 1, 2017.
- March 5-9 – Smart Grid and Energy Storage Business Development Mission to India. Contact Anne Novak at (202) 482–8178 or Anne.Novak@trade.gov or Dinah McDougall at +91-11-2347-2192 or Dinah.McDougall@trade.gov. Application deadline is December 12, 2017.
- May 6-11 – Trade Mission to the Caribbean Region in conjunction with the Trade Americas - Business Opportunities in the Caribbean Region Conference. Contact Delia Valdivia at (310) 235-7203 or Delia.Valdivia@trade.gov. Application deadline is March 16, 2018.