International Trade Administration
ITA is the premier resource and key partner for American companies competing in the global marketplace.
- Promotes trade and investment, and ensures fair trade at home and abroad through the rigorous enforcement of U.S. trade laws and agreements.
- Creates opportunities for U.S. firms by providing focused export assistance and market research, and fostering level playing fields for American business around the world.
- Directs efforts to promote the United States as the leading destination for foreign investment.
GM helps U.S. companies export goods and services, resolve market barriers, and promotes foreign investment into the United States.
Industry and Analysis
I&A provides expertise on international trade, investment, and export promotion across a range of industries and sectors.
- Executes export promotion programs, including trade missions, foreign trade fairs, and the International Buyer Program
- Represents the interests of U.S. industry in trade negotiations
- Publishes research on global opportunities for U.S. industry
Enforcement and Compliance
E&C works to maintain open markets, promote investment and business activity, and provide U.S. businesses and workers with the opportunity to compete on a level playing field both in the United States and abroad.
- Investigates allegations of unfair dumping and subsidization, and imposes border measures to offset such market-distorting conduct
- Facilitates trade and promotes U.S. business investment and commercial activity in more than 1,000 federally designated Foreign Trade Zones
- Monitors and ensures compliance with more than 250 industrial trade agreements negotiated on behalf of the United States
- Seeks strong, enforceable commitments on behalf of U.S. firms in trade negotiations