Department of Commerce Trade Mission to China
United States Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross will lead a Trade Mission to China in mid-November 2017. This multi-sector mission will promote U.S. exports to China by supporting U.S. companies in launching or increasing their business in the marketplace, as well as address trade policy issues with high-level Chinese officials. The mission will take place as part of President Trump’s first visit to China. Key elements will include business-to-government and business-to-industry meetings, market briefings, networking events and opportunities to promote new deals and agreements between mission participants and Chinese entities through signing ceremonies.
In April, 2017, President Trump and President Xi met at Mar-a-Lago to discuss strategic and economic concerns of both countries. The Presidents agreed to meet again in 2017 to further the relationship. Addressing the imbalance in U.S.-China trade has been a central focus of discussions between President Trump and President Xi, and this trade mission will advance the bilateral commercial relationship by promoting business deals between U.S. and Chinese firms, as well as addressing market access barriers faced by U.S. companies. President Xi and other senior Chinese officials have signaled their interest in improving the U.S.-China relationship through increased exports of U.S. goods and services to China.
The trade mission delegation will be composed of senior executives (equivalent to C-suite) from 12-25 U.S. firms.
**Based on the high interest in the mission and the significant number of applications received to date, it has been determined that the Department of Commerce may accept more than 25 U.S. firms or trade associations as delegation participants for the Trade Mission to China. The final number of participants will be determined based on the review of applications and the capacity of the Department of Commerce to accommodate additional participants on the delegation. The application deadline remains October 6, 2017. All applications will be assessed according the conditions and criteria that are included in Mission Statement located on this website.
Trade Mission Goals:
This mission will advance the Administration’s goal of reducing the U.S.-China trade deficit by promoting U.S. exports. The mission’s purpose is to support the business development goals of U.S. firms as they construct a firm foundation for their business in China and specifically aims to:
- Confirm U.S. Government support for the activities of U.S. businesses in China and provide access to senior decision makers in the Chinese government.
- Confirm U.S. government support for existing government-to-government and government-to-business collaborations.
- Listen to the needs, suggestions and experience of individual participants to inform U.S. Government positions regarding U.S. business interests in the region.
- Assist development of competitive strategies and market access with high level information gathering from private and public-sector leaders.
- Promote new sales and investments between U.S. business and Chinese entities.
Trade Mission Participation Fees:
After a company has been selected to participate in the mission, a payment to the Department of Commerce in the form of a participation fee is required. The fee schedule for the mission is below:
- $10,000 for large firms or trade associations
- $9,500 for a small or medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- $1,500 additional representative (large firm, SME, or trade association – limit one additional representative per company)
The application deadline has been extended to October 6, 2017. Completed applications should be submitted online. Applications received after the October 6th deadline will be considered only if space and scheduling constraints permit. The Department of Commerce will evaluate all applications and inform applicants of selection decisions as soon as possible after the application deadline.
Apply Now: https://www.commerce.gov/ChinaMission2017Application
Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org