On October 9th, 2009, CS Bucharest attended the Inauguration Ceremony of Coca Cola’s new energy-saving plant. Coca-Cola Hellenic and ContourGlobal have inaugurated an advanced energy saving power plant in Romania as part of an initiative to slash annual CO2 emissions across all of Coca-Cola Hellenic’s operations by more than 20%. The plant is the first of 15 to be introduced in 12 countries.
Facts on the Ploiesti CHP Plant:
- The first of 15 facilities to be inaugurated
- The first of two to be constructed in Romania. A second is planned to be
- built at Timisoara
- Powered by natural gas, the CHP plant supplies electrical energy, hot and
- cold water, and heat to the bottling operations
- Capable of reducing CO2 emissions by at least 40%
- Construction started in November 2008
- Total capital investment of EUR 16 million
- GE JENBACHER equipment has been used.
Back to 2009 Events