Electronic matchmaking: Several U.S. government databases help U.S. exporters find overseas trade leads as well as register their products or company information in a directory aimed at foreign buyers.
- Trade Leads database: A database of leads from international firms and foreign governments seeking to buy or represent U.S. RE&EE products and services. Search by country, region, industry, or keyword.
- Featured U.S. Exporters (FUSE): An online directory of U.S. products and services featured on U.S. Commercial Service websites around the world. FUSE gives RE&EE companies the opportunity to reach prospects online through a company profile in the language of the target market.
- Export Yellow Pages: A reference tool used by foreign buyers to find U.S. goods and services. U.S. firms can register their business profiles for free. This program is a public-private partnership between the U.S. Department of Commerce and Global Publishers LLC of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Trade Mission Online: Provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), this searchable database is designed to facilitate international small business sales, franchising, joint ventures, and licensing. Trade Mission Online is used by small businesses that wish to export their products or that seek U.S. partners or suppliers for trade-related activities. SBA also uses the database to recruit and provide time-sensitive trade promotion information to registered companies.
Videoconferencing: Video services offered by the U.S. Commercial Service help U.S. companies meet prescreened overseas buyers, distributors, agents, or international business experts without the time and expense involved in traveling across the world. Video services are available from most U.S. Export Assistance Centers and many U.S. Commercial Service international offices, with more offices coming on-line every day.
- Video Gold Key Matching
- Video Market Briefing
- Video Meetings
RE&EE exports in action
- As the price of electricity increases, skylights for home and commercial use save money and are good for the environment. Solatube, a San Diego–based maker of skylights, uses patented technologies with an option to convert the skylight into a light fixture as the natural light fades or into a ventilator for kitchen and bathroom use. A French distributor was quickly found when Solatube was promoted on FUSE. Solatube is now selling more than 160,000 units a year in 36 different overseas markets. Read more about Solatube’s success story here.
Where do I start?
To receive counseling on how the programs listed heree can help you achieve your international sales goals, please contact your local U.S. Commercial Service international trade specialist.
Return to the online guide "Trade Events and Export Counseling" section to read more about programs that can help RE&EE exporters.