What is Our Mission?
Worldwide, the Commercial Service promotes the export of U.S. goods and services and seeks to protect U.S. business interests, including U.S. investments. We accomplish our goals via advocacy and outreach on behalf of U.S. businesses. Our goals are:
- To keep U.S. firms informed of the risks and rewards of doing business in Peru and of the high potential of export opportunities especially for U.S.-origin manufactured goods,
- To facilitate the Peruvian government’s compliance with trade agreements and support the resolution of compliance issues affecting U.S. exporters,
- To continually seek transparent business practices and a level playing field for U.S. companies involved in on-going public tenders and investment opportunities in Peru,
- To provide relevant market research and expand U.S. companies’ reach via our Information Center’s links to chambers of commerce outside of the capital city of Lima, and
- To promote U.S. standards and protection of intellectual property rights.