Compete. Win. Grow.
Participate in DISCOVER GLOBAL MARKETS: Free Trade Agreement Countries and:
- Identify and gain access to emerging markets and opportunities.
- Obtain the tools necessary to succeed in foreign markets.
- Leverage government contacts and resources to compete successfully.
Growing List of Keynote Speakers:
- Stefan Selig, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade
- Romaine Seguin, President, UPS Americas Region
- Juan Manuel Solana, Consul of Mexico, Detroit, Michigan
- Michael Berger, Senior Vice President, Head of International Sales, DHL Express
- Michael Sheridan, Director, Global Trade Strategy & Policy, Ford Motor Company
- Andres Castrillon, Senior Counsel International Affairs, Auto Care Association, Bethesda, MD
- Mustafa Mohatarem, Chief Economist, General Motors, Detroit, MI
- Alexander Perkins, Senior Manager, International Government Affairs, Chrysler Group LLC, Washington, D.C.
What to Expect:
- Dynamic market exploration sessions.
- Excellent networking opportunities throughout the conference.
- Pre-scheduled one-on-one meetings with international trade diplomats.
Private Consultations with Commercial Diplomats from U.S. Embassies and Consulates:
Please note, one-on-one meetings with Commercial Diplomats from US Embassies and Consulates will be available to exporters/potential exporters of US goods and services only.
Sessions to Include:
- Industry panels featuring companies and individuals sharing their experiences in the 18 markets listed above.
- Market entry and risk mitigation strategies.
- Basic and advanced sessions on qualifying for FTAs and creating an FTA compliance program.
- High-profile keynote speaker(s).
Event Dates: September 9-10, 2014
Location: Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
1114 Washington Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48226 USA
Discounted Conference Hotel Rate:
$169 per night Group Rate for the Westin available until
This Sunday 5:00 PM August 24, 2014
Group Name: Discover Global Markets Detroit
Book Here: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/discoverglobalmarketsmain
For more information:
Cancellation Fee: $45 – Cancellations accepted until 5:00PM August 24, 2014
Click Here to Register for the FULL 2-day Conference!
Day Rate Registration for Tue., Sept. 9th ($200)
Day Rate Registration for Wed., Sept. 10th ($200)
Many thanks to our marketing partners for their support!
We welcome our exhibitors:
We also greatly appreciate the support from the following organizations:
- Ann Arbor SPARK
- African Business Chamber of Commerce
- African Caribbean Chamber of Commerce
- American Arab Chamber of Commerce
- Automation Alley
- Canada/U.S. Business Association (CUSBA)
- Consulate General of Canada (Detroit)
- Consulate General of Mexico (Detroit)
- Detroit Chinese Business Association
- Detroit Economic Growth Corporation
- Economic Development Alliance, St. Clair County
- Farmington Hills Economic Development Corporation
- Flint and Genesee Chamber of Commerce
- GVSU’s Van Andel Global Trade Center
- I-69 International Trade Corridor
- Indo American Chamber of Commerce
- Latino Press
- Law Firm of Miller Canfield
- Macomb-OU INCubator
- Michigan Black Chamber of Commerce (MBCC)
- Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan Manufacturers Association
- Michigan Small Business Development Centers
- Michigan State University-Center for Community and Economic Development
- Philippine Chamber of Commerce
- Pro Mexico Trade and Investment
- Saginaw Valley State University Center for Business and Economic Development
- Shiawasee Economic Development Partnership
- Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce of Greater Detroit
- The Michigan Black Chamber of Commerce
- The Michigan Israel Business Bridge
- World Trade Center Detroit/Windsor
- The International Trade Association of Greater Chicago
- City of Indianapolis – Mayor’s Office
- Develop Indy
- Global Indy
- Indy Chamber
- Southwest Indiana Chamber
- Tri-State Manufacturers Alliance
- Tri-State World Trade Network
- Bluegrass Economic Advancement Movement
- Louisville Metro Government
- Dayton Region Manufacturers Association
- Northeast Ohio International Business Network
- Ohio Development Services Agency
- The Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce - World Trade Association
- M.E. Dey & Co.
- Aerospace and Defense Diversification Alliance in Peacetime Transition
- American Public Transportation Association
- Auto Care Association
- Global Trade Magazine
- Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association
- Original Equipment Suppliers Association
- Small Business Administration