Let the U.S. Commercial Service become your in-country marketing partner. We provide the support you need to facilitates the successful insertion of your company in this market.
Planning and Strategy
- Create a comprehensive international business plan for entry or expansion into Mexico.
- Get ideas and cost-effective solutions to help achieve your business goals.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Determine export licensing needs for shipping your products.
- Understand and comply with global product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
- Learn how to avoid intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
Documentation and Product Requirements
- Learn about export documents, including Electronic Export Information filing, invoices, packing lists, and certificates of origin.
- Verify the tariff rate for your product, as well as any import fees for a particular market.
- Determine your product’s harmonized tariff schedule (HTS) numbers.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain advocacy support if your company’s exports or Mexico bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling if problems arise.
Trade Finance and Insurance
- Formulate an export finance strategy leveraging loan programs provided by the Export-Import Bank of America, the Small Business Administration, and other trade finance organizations to reduce risk and enable your company to offer competitive terms of sale in Mexico.
- Get guidance on pricing your products and services to ensure competitiveness in the Mexican markets while maximizing your profits.
Contact us today to connect with a world of opportunity