Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker Business Development Mission to Japan and South Korea
October 19-23, 2014
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
This mission will demonstrate the United States’ commitment to a sustained economic partnership in Japan and Korea. The purpose of the mission is to support the business development goals of U.S. firms as they construct a firm foundation for future business in North East Asia and specifically aims to:
- Assist in identifying potential partners and strategies for U.S. companies to gain access to each market for healthcare and energy needs in Japan and South Korea.
- Confirm U.S. Government support for the activities of U.S. businesses in each market and to provide access to senior decision makers in the Japanese and South Korean markets.
- Listen to the needs, suggestions and experience of individual participants to help shape appropriate U.S. Government positions regarding U.S. business interests in the region.
- Organize private and focused events with local business and association leaders capable of becoming partners and clients of U.S. firms as they develop their business in each country.
- Assist development of competitive strategies and market access with high level information gathering from private and public-sector leaders.