Links to related Internet resources:
- U.S. Embassy in Germany
- Department of Commerce
- International Trade Administration is offered by the Department of Commerce and provides info on international trade.
- Trade Information Center (TIC) is a comprehensive resource for information on all U.S. Federal Government export assistance programs.
- Bureau of Industry and Security Contact information for the Bureau of Industry and Security and the function it serves.
- United States Department of Commerce, Economic and Statistics Administration
Where economic and social change is chronicled, understood, and explained.
- United States Department of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis The Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) promotes a better understanding of the U.S. economy by providing the most timely, relevant, and accurate economic data in an objective and cost-effective manner.
- United States Department of Commerce, Minority Business Development Agency The only Federal Agency created specifically to foster the creation, growth and expansion of minority-owned businesses in America.
- United States Department of Commerce, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
- United States Department of Commerce, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- National Institute of Standards & Technology An agency of the Commerce Department’s Technology Administration that works with industry to develop and apply technology, measurements and standards.
- United States Department of Commerce, National Telecommunications and Information Administration NTIA is the Executive Branch agency principally responsible for domestic and international telecommunications and information policy issues.
- Central Intelligence Agency CIA World Factbook Detailed information on countries and regions around the world.
- Fed World The U.S. Government Web Info, includes agencies, databases and a search engine.
- Library of Congress Use of library catalogue, research tools, links to Congress, the Copyright Office, maps, exhibitions and a search engine.
- Thomas Legislative Information Everything you ever wanted to know about the United States Congress: major legislation, floor activities and member lists of both House and Senate, and an archive.
- Small Business Administration This site provides private citizens with detailed advice on starting a business. It also includes a library and search engine.
- United States Department of Agriculture The latest news, agencies, services and programs.
- USDA Foreign Agricultural Service
Agricultural export information.
- United States Council for International Business ATA Carnet & other documents.
- United States Department of State This site tracks the political and economic climate around the world, including policy decisions, news, travel warnings, support for businesses and global issues.
- United States Government Printing Office An archive of government documents which links to other government sites.
- United States House of Representatives A site devoted to the current efforts of the U.S. Representatives (tracks pending legislation), along with governmental and educational links.
- United States International Trade Commission "Provides objective trade expertise to both legislative and executive branches of government, determines the impact of imports on U.S. industries, and directs action against certain unfair trade practices." Includes news, tariff updates, trade resources and links to trade data from various U.S. Departments.
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID) USAID procurement & opportunities.
- The White House All the information relating to the executive branch, as well as links to all of the executive branches of the government, includes a search engine.
- The Export Yellow Pages give US exporters a simple way to establish contacts and conduct global business
- Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) of the US Department of the Treasury administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals.
- Office of Defense Trade Control is charged with controlling the export and temporary import of defense articles and defense services covered by the United States Munitions List (USML).
- U.S. Census Bureau The Census Bureau serves as the leading source of quality data about the US American people and economy.
- The Council of American States in Europe (C.A.S.E.) is an organization comprised of the European representative offices of individual American state governments. The members of C.A.S.E. offer confidential and professional assistance to European firms that are interested in:
-establishing or expanding a business in the USA
-establishing a joint venture or strategic alliance with a US company
-representing American manufactures in Europe, Africa or the Middle East
-sourcing US manufactured products
Mainzer Landstr. 176
D - 60528 Frankfurt
tel.: +49 (69) 97 35 8-315
fax: +49 (0)69 97 35 8315
- German Business Portal Business, location and general country information
- German Embassy in the U.S.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics publishes international comparison of labor costs.
- Germany on the Internet selected articles, addresses, and other useful information about Germany
- Der Bundespräsident/ The Federal President
- Allgemeine Informationen/ General Information general information on German government measures to stricter control social security costs
- The Department of State & Foreign Ministry information about the department itself, country and travel information, German EU policy, foreign policy, archives and search engine
- Bundesministerium des Innern/ Federal Ministry of the Interior
- Bundesministerium der Justiz/ Federal Ministry of Justice
- Bundesministerium der Finanzen/ Federal Ministry of Finance (German-only)
- Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Technologie / Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology provides news and updates on current developments in economic and labour policy as well as information about tasks of the ministry itself.
- Bundesministerium für Ernährung, Landwirtschaft und Verbraucherschutz/ Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection
- Bundesministerium der Verteidigung/ Federal Ministry of Defense
- Bundesministerium für Familie, Senioren, Frauen und Jugend/ Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (German-only)
- Bundesministerium für Gesundheit/ Federal Ministry of Health
- Bundesministerium für Verkehr, Bau und Stadtentwicklung/ Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Affairs
- Bundesministerium für Umwelt, Naturschutz und Reaktorsicherheit/ Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety
- Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung / Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Bundesministerium für wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbeit und Entwicklung/ Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Bundeswehr / Federal Armed Forces (German-only)
- The German Federal Government's website. It informs about current politics, government policies and other pending issues.
- The Statistisches Bundesamt is the German equivalent to the U.S. Census Bureau and collects, processes, presents and analyses statistical information.
Federal Statistical Office
Statistical Information Service
Gustav - Stresemann - Ring 11
Fax: +49 (0)611/75-3330
- Germany Trade and Invest provides information for exports to the U.S. or starting a business and is the inward investment promotion agency of the Federal Republic of Germany. Their mandate is to promote Germany as an attractive business location. They assist and advise potential investors interested in Germany. Foreign enterprises planning to establish their business operations in Germany can obtain information on the business environment, such as the corporate investment framework, tax regulations, and subsidies. The range of services includes strategic planning, market research, and competitive analysis. Experts provide comprehensive project management and support services from site selection to the final realization of the investment. All inquiries are kept confidential and their services are free of charge. Germany Trade and Invest is headquartered in Berlin with an additional office in Cologne.
Phone: +49 30/200 099-0
Fax: +49 30/200 099-111
- The American Chamber of Commerce in Germany (AmCham Germany) is a private, non-profit organization. With over 3,000 members, it is the largest bilateral economic organization in Europe. AmCham represents the largest group of foreign investors in Germany. The goals of the AmCham include the promotion of German-American trade relationships and of Germany as an investment location.
60313 Frankfurt am Main
Tel.: +49 (0)69 92 91 04 0
Fax: +49 (0)69 92 91 04 11
Tel.: +49 (0)30 28 87 89 21
Fax: +49 (0)30 28 87 89 29
- The Association of American-German Business Clubs (AGBC) is a private, non-profit organization, consisting of AGBC Club Chapters in several cities. Its activities are designed to strengthen the ties between representatives of American companies based in Germany and the German business community through personal networking in an informal atmosphere.
Association of AGBCs e.V.
Am Beckmannplatz 4
Phone +49 (0) 2225 7044415
Fax +49 (0) 2225 7034999
American-German Business Club Berlin
Tel.: +49 30 2408-5212
Fax: +49 30 2408-5213
- German American Chamber of Commerce
Representative of German Industry and Trade, Washington D.C.
- International Chamber of Commerce A world business organization that includes lists of conferences, publications and global business issues. It is their mission to promote trade. This site also has links to other international organizations.
- Brand USA is a national tourism promotion organization offering information about the U.S. travel and tourism sector.
- International Trade Desk
A site listing "good sources of key trade information", includes trade leads, the Department of Commerce list of Big Emerging Markets and banks.
- Notify U.S. is
a free, Internet-based service
for U.S. exporters that electronically notifies companies when
foreign governments propose regulations that might influence the
treatment of their exports to global markets
- Trade Port An international trade site with trade leads, industry research, trade shows exporters, agencies and other web sites, run by the Commercial Service.
- Trade Zone Links to sites dealing with global trade: banks, business opportunities, chambers of commerce, embassies, publications, trade statistics and trade leads (divided by industry).