U.S. Commercial Service Services for U.S. Companies
Every year, the U.S. Commercial Service helps thousands of companies export goods and services worth billions of dollars. The Political and Economic Section of the U.S. Embassy in Belize works closely and regularly with the Regional U.S. Commercial Service office in El Salvador to provide assistance to U.S. companies wishing to enter or expand business in the Belize market. Let us help you find the best opportunities for your business in Belize.
Proven Trade Expertise. The global network of U.S. Commercial Service (USCS) trade professionals is located throughout the United States and in U.S. Embassies and Consulates in nearly 80 countries. In countries such as Belize, where the USCS has no presence, the State Department Economic and Commercial Office of the U.S. Embassy draws on the specialized advice and experience of a nearby CS post to better assist U.S. business clients. Whether you’re looking to make your first export sale or expand your business in Belize, we offer the trade counseling, and market intelligence you need to connect with lucrative business opportunities. In addition, we will help you to develop trade finance and insurance strategies that align with your particular business objectives and help you complete your export transaction.
Following is a list of our general assistance areas. Our trade professionals will work with you to identify and tailor the right mix of U.S. Commercial Service capabilities to achieve your exporting goals. Contact us for details.
Planning and Strategy
- Get ideas and cost-effective solutions to help achieve your business goals.
- Take advantage of intensive, long-term export consulting and trade advocacy.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Understand and comply with Belizean product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
- Learn how to avoid intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain advocacy support if your company’s exports or Belizean bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counseling if problems arise.
Trade Finance and Insurance
- Formulate an export finance strategy leveraging loan programs provided by the Export-Import Bank of America, the Small Business Administration, and other trade finance organizations to reduce risk and enable your company to offer competitive terms of sale in Belize.
- Get guidance on pricing your products and services to ensure competitiveness in the Belizean market while maximizing your profits.
Country and Industry Reports
- Get accurate and detailed information—at no cost—from country and industry market reports, written by our in-country trade professionals.
- Receive updates on new regulations, business trends, and government-financed projects.
Customized Market Research
- Gauge the sales potential for your products or services with individualized reports on global markets.
- Discover which factors influence prospective customers, identify your competitors, and obtain pricing for comparable products.
- Learn about potential partners from our trade professionals working in Belize.
- Order an international company report containing available sales, profit figures, potential liabilities, and other financial information.
Trade Data and Analysis
- Get the latest annual and quarterly trade data by country, state, commodity, and year.
- Find industry-specific trade data and analysis.
- Obtain country-specific tariff and trade agreement information.
Contact us today to connect with a world of opportunity.